Saturday, November 7, 2009

I caved ....

If you recall my previous blogs, one was about getting another blackberry or getting an iPhone. Well, today I finally decided. I wasn't planning on getting a new phone when I went to the store. My plan was just to go and check the phone out some more and get some pricing. Although I wasn't planning on getting a phone that day there were 2 things that just absolutely pushed me to get a new one.

First, I realized that you can open powerpoints and word doc's on the phone. I can't even go into detail how convienent that is being a college student. Forgot to print the slides for class? No problem! Just pick up your phone and go to blackboard and download them! Need to review a group paper but don't have time to get to a lab or your personal computer? Easy! Just open it up right where you are!

Second, I actually ended up with a good, non-pushy sales woman. Nothing irritates me or makes me less inclined to by something as when I feel like I'm just being told sales pitch after sales pitch to buy something. Not only was she informative and relaxed, she informed me of a discount that I qualify for. If you have a Purdue email address, whether it be faculty or student, you get 20% off your monthly bills (excluding any text messaging packages). No, I'm not kidding, that's $15 dollars off of every bill, and in light of the economic times, I'd be making a poor financial decision not to get one. My bills are only $6 more than my previous ones, and I get the internet on this phone.

As for the typing issue....I'm actually getting much better at it and am not having nearly as much of an issue with it as I originally thought I would

All in all, my only complaint with the phone is that it's so easy to become distracted while I should be doing other things, which really isn't too much of a complain after all

:)

1 comment:

  1. YAY FOR A NEW PHONE! And I'm so glad you told me about the discount. Do you like the iphone better than the blackberrry?

    ReplyDelete