Saturday, November 28, 2009

Black Friday

This last break I decided not to participate in the Black Friday festivities. I've never gotten a "great" deal when I have gone in the past and would rather pay the $10 extra that I end up saving in order to not deal with the crazies that come out for this day of shopping. I found it interesting this year however, that I received more than 40 emails, that's right, 40, with Black Friday deals that you can buy online.

Some stores that I have an account with like Amazon, Target, Best Buy, even sent out emails with specials that were only available online for Black Friday, the day before the actual sales started. So I started thinking, with all the internet deals, will Black Friday eventually become digitized?

Think about it, would you rather get up at 4 am, stand in the cold with the other million shoppers and then push and shove your way into a store to try to get the DVD player, TV, video game, etc. that the store really only has 3 of or would you rather get up at 4 am in your pj's boot up the ol' computer and do your shopping without the crazy soccer moms running you over for the last Tickle Me Elmo? (yes, I know that it was only cool a few years ago).

I'll take the second option as I'm sure the majority would. See ya later Black Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I also did NOT get up and join in all the craziness! and I did all my shopping ONLINE for the past 2 years on Black Friday free shipping and much better deals! I think Black Friday will soon be only online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. I myself love shopping, however getting up at 4 a.m. to stand in the cold with other shoppers who have a chip on their shoulder is not my idea of an enjoyable Black Friday!

    ReplyDelete