Friday, December 11, 2009

Research Posters

Well the last blog is finally here! The research poster project was OK.

Here are the pros:

*I think it's really cool to learn about new technologies
*It was different to have to create a poster rather than do the same old power point or speech
*It was cool to see everyone's different artistic abilities
*I liked using Twitter during the presentation as well as seeing what my classmates had to say about my poster

Here are the cons:

*The assignment should NOT have been given the day of the research pitches. We were already stressed enough about that and in that mindset. I literally was given the assignment 5 minutes before giving my pitch. I also had to ask questions at that time. It was way too much.

*The day off to research should have been given later in the semester closer to when the project was due.

*The posters took a long time to make, and the people grading it saw it for maybe 2 minutes each. I understand they had to look at a lot of posters, but those things took a long time to make!

*Having to do the poster and pitch both on essentially on the same thing (emerging technologies) was a little redundant.

*You might want to consider having some ground rules as to what you can give out during the poster presentations. Of course the posters with candy, food, and drinks are going to get more attention, but that doesn't mean that they are the best posters!


All in all it was a decent project, it just needs some tweaking!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it was given too late in the semester to make me feel enthused about it. At least it's over right? Good luck on the final.

    ReplyDelete